Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Too Late? There's Really No Such Thing

Today, I want to deviate from accessories and music and fashion and chat about something a little different. I want to ask you a few questions. Are you fulfilled with where you are? Are you satisfied? Are you just going with the flow? If you're cool with where you are, great. But, if you, like many others realize that there's so much more that you want to do, why aren't you doing it? Are you scared? Have you been so let down in the past, that it's just become easier to go with the flow? Or have you just convinced yourself that you're ok, knowing that you're really not..When some people train their animals, they put up electronic fences. If the animal gets too close, they get zapped. After a while, the animal just knows and is trained not to get close. The owner can then remove or disarm the mechanism because the animal just won't go. For so many years, I was like that. I had been shocked so many times that I didn't realize that the fence was now gone. The only thing that was holding me back was me and my memories. Even once I realized that freedom was just over the 'gate', the memory of the shock was enough to keep me right in my little area. Until one day I decided that even if I got shocked, knocked down or whatever, it was worth it to break out of the comfortable spot I'd been saying. And realistically, that shock wouldn't have killed me, it would have just been painful for a moment. How many times in life do we pass up opportunities that would be so rewarding simply because we don't want to feel a temporary pain. I've got news for you. Change and growth are painful, but the pain is so temporary that when you feel the reward you wonder why you hesitated in the first place. It's never to late to be who you want to be, to do what you should have done, and go where you want to go. Whatever you put your mind to is possible for you to do. Go back to school, start that business, try something different that you wanted to do. Yes, it will take work. Yes, there will be sacrifices. Yes you may lose some 'friends' along the way. Yes, it might not even be successful. But if you never try how will you ever know. Who cares what people will say! And for the person reading this saying, 'It's just too late', well the only time it will be too late is the day you cease breathing. So until then, get going. You can do it.

Until next time, be good to yourselves. Smooches TrelleBlazers:-)

Ms. TrelleBlazer

6 comments: